Triple P™ (Positive Parenting Program)
Triple P™ is a parenting and family support strategy with a goal to prevent severe behavioural, emotional and developmental problems in children by enhancing the knowledge, skills and confidence of parents. Triple P is an educational group designed and tailored to meet the needs of parents.
Triple P™ is a 8-week program offered in partnership by Woodview, St. Leonard’s Community Services, Family Counselling Centre and Ontario Early Years Centre.
Weeks 1 – 4 Parents are in group sessions focusing on:
- Week 1: Positive Parenting
- Week 2: Helping Children Develop/Encouraging Appropriate Behaviour
- Week 3: Managing Misbehaviour/Problem Behaviour
- Week 4: Planning Ahead/Dealing with Risky Behaviour
- Weeks 5 – 7 Parents are provided with individual phone consultations with a practitioner.
- Week 8 Parents return to the group session and focus on Program Close
Registration is limited to 20 parents. Registration completed via Contact Brant.
Also available are 1.5 hour Triple P™ seminars. Registration via Brant County Health Unit.
Ages 0-12 - Topics
- Positive Parenting
- Raising Competent and Confident Children
- Raising Resilient Children
Ages 13-16 - Topics
- Raising Responsible Teenagers
- Raising Competent Teenagers
- Getting Teenagers Connected
Registration is limited to 25 parents.
To register and/or for additional information regarding the 8-week program, registered Agency clients and non- registered Agency clients are to call Contact Brant. The intake is completed by Contact Brant and includes either a telephone or face to face interview. Upon completion of the intake, Contact Brant will make the appropriate group referral.
To register and/or for additional information regarding the Seminar programs, registered Agency clients and non- registered Agency clients can register through the Brant County Health Unit website.
Age: Parents of children aged 0-12, Parents of children aged 13-16