The #SignsOfHiring Contest
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND
AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on Wednesday, July 21, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Wednesday, September 1st, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2) The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of St. Leonard's Community Services ("SLCS").
How to Enter
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must:
a. Tweet an original photograph of a hiring sign in a local (Brantford, Brant County, or Haldimand) business with the hashtag #SignsOfHiring along with the name and address of that business.
Email an original photograph of a hiring sign in a local (Brantford, Brant County, or Haldimand) business with the name and address of that business to email@example.com during the Contest Period.
4) Your Contest Photo must comply with the following specifications (the “Photo Entry Specifications”):
a. be your original creation, and be a photograph taken solely by you. Reproducing, modifying, enhancing or altering a third party's pre-existing work does not qualify as your original creation;
b. not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright. For example, your Contest Photo must not defame, infringe or violate publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's, entity's or organization's personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
c. not have been published previously, used commercially, submitted to another competition or contest, or won any other award;
d. be in “good taste” and in keeping with SLCS’s brand image and must not be explicit, offensive, obscene, or profane, and must not be derogatory toward any ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession, or age group, or promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous, as determined by SLCS, in its sole and absolute discretion;
e. not contain the images or faces of people who have not given written consent to be photographed and to have that image shared online;
f. not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about SLCS or its services;
g. not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
h. not violate any law or regulation;
i. not be libelous, threatening or harassing;
j. not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
k. not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
5) You will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest when you share your Contest Photo as described in Section 3 and 4, above and in accordance with these Rules. You will receive one entry for each photo you share during the Contest Period. Prize draws are random, so multiple submissions increases odds of winning. (See below.)
Draw and Winner Selection
6) Each week of the Contest Period, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the previous week of the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7) Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by email or Twitter and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply with the name of the small business they would like to support with their prize gift card. To be eligible for the prize, the selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question.
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within two (2) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; or (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, then he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and SLCS reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
8) There will be one (6) prizes available to be won, each consisting of a $25 gift card to local businesses (TBD). Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at SLCS’s option. SLCS reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in SLCS’s discretion, a cash award.
9) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of SLCS with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
10) SLCS reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of SLCS that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, SLCS reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
11) You must warrant that your Contest Photo meets the Photo Entry Specifications, set out above. SLCS reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any Contest Photo that SLCS, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines does not meet the Photo Entry Specifications. Your right to submit a Contest Photo must not be restricted in any way. You must be able to provide legal releases for use of your Contest Photo by SLCS in any format, and materials related to the Contest, including in relation to any third party’s name, likenesses or work ("Third Party Elements") included in your Contest Photo.
12) SLCS’s right to use your Contest Photo: You acknowledge that your Contest Photo will immediately appear in your Twitter feed after it is posted and may appear in other electronic and print materials related to the Contest, including promotional materials. By posting a Contest Photo using the designated Hashtag and Channel name, you irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grant SLCS the right to use, publish, adapt, sub-license, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such Contest Photo and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein in any way, in commerce, and in any and all media worldwide in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, and waive all your rights, including moral rights, in the Contest Photo, without notice or compensation, and agree that you may be required to sign a release to that effect.
13) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. SLCS reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to SLCS – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason SLCS deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of SLCS in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of SLCS. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
14) By entering the Contest and submitting a Tweet or email, each entrant: (i) grants to SLCS, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Contest Photo, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Contest Photo in favour of SLCS; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the Contest Photo. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, SLCS reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or disqualify any Contest Photo if a complaint is received with respect to the photograph, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then SLCS reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Entry and/or the associated entrant. If SLCS determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any Contest Photo does not comply with these Rules for any reason at any time, then SLCS reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Entry and/or the associated entrant.
15) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of SLCS. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of SLCS upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
16) Without limitation, SLCS, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by SLCS, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, SLCS, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
17) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
19) Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, Twitter, any email service provider, or the hiring businesses featured in relation to this contest. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to St. Leonard's Community Services, not Twitter, your email provider, or local small businesses featured in this contest.