Delivery Driver -UPS Canada @ the Job Fair Oct 11th!
- Monday to Friday
- Shift start time 09:00 AM (approx.)
- Shifts generally run 8-9 hours per day but may extend longer during high volume and peak holiday season.
- Shift start and finish time can vary.
- Union environment
In this role you will:
- deliver and pick up packages
- to and from residential and/or commercial properties.
This is a physical, fast-paced environment involving:
- continual lifting,
- and carrying packages.
You must practice safe transportation methods while traveling to and from destinations. This position ensures the best customer service through efficiency and dedication.
- Valid G class driver’s license issued in the province of Ontario
- Clean driver’s abstract showing:
- No accidents and maximum 5 demerit points for the previous 3-year period (last 36 months)
- No violations for the current year (last 12 months) and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3-year period (last 36 months)
- On the job driver training provided!
- Able to work in an outdoor, time sensitive environment
- Must be able to lift up to 70lbs.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make decisions
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to read a map
- Adhere to UPS appearance guidelines
Expenses incurred by employee:
- Monthly union due
- One-time union initiation fee
- Criminal background record check
- Driver's Abstract
What UPS can offer:
- Wage $17.00 per hour to start
- Guaranteed wage progression through Union Collective Agreement - $35.78 per hour after seniority plus 48 months of service.
- Overtime pay
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance (after 1 year)
- Promotion from within. Career development and growth opportunities.
- Employee discounts
- Pension plan
How to Apply
Come meet this employer at the in person Job Fair on October 11th, 3pm-5pm at the Best Western (19 Holiday Drive).
If you would like assistance with your job search or in applying to this position please contact St Leonard's Employment Services at 519-756-7665 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help!