Food Service Worker- SNGRDC @ the Job Fair Oct 11th!
Part time, weekends
Reporting to the General Manager, the Cook assists in the delivery of excellence in customer service that is conducive to generating revenue and by providing a safe and enjoyable food experience. The Cook will prepare food according to established recipes, preparation, and serving according to proper food preparation standards and run the kitchen according to the Standard Operating Procedures of the Six Nations Bingo Hall.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the kitchens remain clean, sanitized, and equipped with operating supplies at the beginning and end of each session and/or shift.
- Responsible for preparation of food, ensuring proper food handling and storage, post specials, and ensure portion control.
- Control food waste and loss and ensure storage areas are being kept clean and food items are being properly rotated.
- Assist in verification of product delivery according to invoice and report product condition and shortage. Note any discrepancies on a timely basis to the Lead Cook.
- Report malfunctions and makes recommendations for repairs and necessary improvements to General Manager.
- Assist with recruiting and training of new staff.
- Assist in year-end inventory.
- Provide fast and efficient service to the bingo hall patrons and address any concerns to the General Manager.
- Performs other related duties as may be required.
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in either Culinary or Food and Beverage Management, plus one (1) year of work-related experience.
- Secondary School Graduate (Grade 12) plus two years of work-related experience in the Culinary or Food and Beverage field.
- Excellent customer service skill.
- Able to deal with prolonged standing and walking.
- Willing to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends and holidays.
- Willingness to learn, accept change, and adapt to new ideas, business concepts, and cultures.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to embrace and champion change.
- Reliable, punctual, and able to work independently.
- Ability to handle the public with tact, discretion, and with a pleasing personality.
- Understand and follow the Health & Safety Policies set by the Bingo Hall.
- Police Record Check Required upon Offer
- **Candidates must be at least 18 years of age to apply**
At Six Nations of the Grand River, we are committed to diversity and inclusion as we continue and expand our efforts to become a more inclusive, safe, and respectful workplace. Human Resources will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, as may be requested and/or required by law. If you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Incentive Programs
- Performance based merit increases
- Team Member Recognition Program
- Comprehensive paid time off – vacation, sick, personal time, and paid holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- Company Mentorship Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Training Opportunities
How to Apply
Come meet this employer at the in person Job Fair on October 11th, 3pm-5pm at the Best Western (19 Holiday Drive).
If you would like assistance with your job search or in applying to this position, please contact St Leonard's Employment Services at (519) 756-7665 or email@example.com and let us know how we can help!