Housekeeping Aide- Brucefield Manor
4 hour shifts; approx. 3-5 times per week.
Mornings, evenings and weekends.
Our Housekeeping Team Members at Brucefield Manor perform a variety of cleaning and housekeeping activities to ensure a safe and comfortable home environment for residents, their families and your colleagues. To be successful as our new Housekeeping Team Member, you will:
- Handle residents’ personal items, supplies and equipment with care and respect
- Respects the rights and dignity of all residents, families, team members and visitors and addresses any requests with professionalism and care
- To clean areas according to assigned schedules using appropriate cleaning and sanitation methods and procedures
- To clean Resident's apartments and common areas, including furniture, kitchen and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents and windows
- Clean dining room, bedrooms, bathrooms, lounges, activity areas, offices, hallways, stairwells and other areas as directed
- To operate floor care machines and steam cleaning equipment
- To strip, scrub, spray, and buff all carpet and non-carpet floor surfaces
- To pick up garbage and transport to designated areas
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents)
- Works in a safe manner which abides by Occupational Health and Safety policies
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- An awareness and understanding of infection control practices, workplace hazardous materials and chemicals (WHMIS), as well as, all relevant health and safety procedures
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Previous experience in commercial / residential/ Healthcare cleaning and laundry procedures is an asset
Clear criminal background check required
Will train on the job
We are committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
How to Apply
If you would like assistance with your job search or in applying to this position, please contact St Leonard's Employment Services at 519-756-7665 or email@example.com and let us know how we can help!