HR Specialist - Sensity @ the Job Fair Oct 11th!
Sensity is a registered charity providing services and programs to members of the deafblind community. We are recognized in Canada and around the world as a leader in the provision of Intervenor Services. Sensity seeks a Human Resources Specialist for an immediate opening. This full time role reports to the Manager of HR, joining our committed Human Resources team in providing a broad range of recruitment and generalist services to a dynamic group of leaders and staff. This position, based in Paris, ON, will be responsible for working with hiring managers within their assigned portfolio as they recruit and select future Sensity team members. This role also provides the incumbent with the opportunity to contribute to the HR team through assigned HR generalist responsibilities.
- Working in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager, and Human Resources Specialist, this role provides consultation and guidance on recruitment plans and recruitment-related inquiries for their assigned portfolio.
- Participates in the recruitment process inclusive of writing job postings to attract the right caliber of talent, resume screening, scheduling and conducting interviews, proactively communicating with applicants to ensure information is shared in a timely fashion, reference and background checking and preparing employment offers, etc.
- Designs interview templates and pre-screening questions.
- Identifies and participates in annual job fair opportunities (both virtual and in person) across the province.
- Recommends to HR Manager new approaches to recruiting staff (technology, social channels, sites, sourcing candidates, passive recruitment).
- Develops new and maintains strong relationships with industry associations, job boards, schools, community contacts, applicants and job seekers.
- Completes assigned human resource generalist activities.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Community college diploma (or equivalent) in human resource management or a related field is required.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in full cycle recruitment and proven candidate sourcing within a high-volume environment.
- In-depth knowledge of recruitment best practices, including traditional strategies (e.g. job fairs) and social media sourcing.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, with a strong client service orientation and relationship building skills. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Solid time management, record keeping, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite is preferred, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems is required.
- Working knowledge of social services or non-profit sector.
- French (written and verbal) an asset, but not required.
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive Benefit plan including a Health Spending Account
- Paid sick days
- An RRSP program where we match your contributions up to 3% of your earnings
- Up to 50% reimbursement for the successful completion of relevant classes at other learning institutions after one year of service
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunities to participate in conferences and workshops
How to Apply
Come meet this employer at the in person Job Fair on October 11th, 3pm-5pm at the Best Western (19 Holiday Drive).
If you would like assistance with your job search or in applying to this position please contact St Leonard's Employment Services at 519-756-7665 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help!