Intervenor - Sensity @ the Job Fair Oct 11th!
- Part time, 15-20 hrs/week (shifts include: days, afternoons, evenings, and weekends)
- Part time, 20-24 hrs/week (shifts include: days, afternoons, evenings, and weekends on a rotational schedule)
- Full time, 33-40 hrs/week (shifts include: days, afternoons, evenings, and weekends on a rotational schedule)
- Part time, 15-20 hrs/week (shifts include: evenings, and weekends)
- Full time, 40 hrs/week (shifts include: mostly day shifts)
The Intervenor supports communication and day-to-day living for individuals who are living with dual sensory impairment so that they may live independently. Join us to learn new skills and experience personal growth and fulfillment.
- Supporting the individual in their home and community environments.
- Using communication techniques to relay information.
- Empowering the consumer to participate and be successful in all aspects of daily living including personal hygiene, meal preparation, house cleaning, volunteerism, among others.
- Providing personal care as required (e.g. lifts and transfers, toileting, personal hygiene, medication administration, etc.).
We will train you how to support our clients through our in-house training program.
- Completion of a college diploma or certificate in the Intervenor for Deafblind Persons program, or: Developmental Services Worker (DSW), Social Services Worker (SSW), Community Services Worker (CSW), Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA), Personal Support Worker (PSW), Behavioural Science, or a related human services field.
- Communication in American Sign Language (ASL) or Signed Exact English (SEE)
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- This position requires a valid driver's license Class G, access to a reliable vehicle, clean current drivers abstract and the ability to obtain automobile insurance with a minimum liability of $2 million
- This position requires repetitive hand motion and good manual dexterity and moderate stooping, bending and lifting. The incumbent must be able to lift 35 lbs to 50 lbs on an occasional basis. The position will be required to work indoors and outdoors.
- Masks required while working indoors
- A competitive salary
- A Benefit plan including a Health Spending Account (if working an average of 20 hours per week)
- Paid sick days
- An RRSP program where we match your contributions up to 3% of your earnings
- Up to 50% reimbursement for the successful completion of relevant classes at other learning institutions after one year of service
- Opportunities to participate in conferences and workshops
How to Apply
Come meet this employer at the in person Job Fair on October 11th, 3pm-5pm at the Best Western (19 Holiday Drive).
If you would like assistance with your job search or in applying to this position please contact St Leonard's Employment Services at 519-756-7665 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help!