Job Shop Manager - Royal Machine Solutions
Monday to Friday - 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 pm.
RMS is a fast-growing manufacturing and skilled trade services company with an exciting product line of conveyors and custom fabrication work. In addition to this, RMS offers full millwrighting, welding, and machining services. If an industrial facility has a problem, we have the solution! We are looking for individuals who can maintain high performance standards in the face of challenging work. We aim to offer our clients quality results, and that means we need you to assess the clients’ needs and then -be the solution- for them!
As the manager of our machine shop and manufacturing facility, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing all aspects of our shop operations. These include machining (CNC programming & setup), metal fabrication, assembly operations, mechanical design. You will be responsible for managing a team of labourers, apprentices, and other tradespeople through our many ongoing projects, supervising their work, and ensuring adherence to safety protocols and deadlines. Your main responsibility will be to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the fabrication and assembly processes while maintaining the highest quality standards.
At Royal Machine Solutions, we adhere to a philosophy of two second lean, a continuous improvement methodology. As a manager, you will be expected to encourage and develop this lean culture at all times. This includes following the principles of two second lean yourself and holding employees accountable for adhering to these ideas.
OUR WORKMANSHIP VALUES:
Accountability – Own your work. Take pride in seeing it done right.
Quality – Strive for the best. Check your work.
Customer Service – Provide service that leaves the customer impressed.
GOOD HABITS MAKE FOR GREAT RESULTS:
Safety: Look out for your safety and that of your co-workers.
Punctuality: Be on time.
Efficiency: Focus on efficient & effective work according to two second lean principles
Cleanliness: Keep things clear for others.
Our ideal candidate has a strong CNC machining background, with knowledge and experience in a custom job shop environment. An understanding of welding techniques and metal fabrication principles is also crucial. They have an understanding of the principles of profitability and how job organization and efficiency plays into this. In terms of leadership, they are able to delegate work effectively and develop the skillset of employees while ensuring they adopt company values.
- Effectively supervise and instruct employees. Success of this is determined by prevention of injuries, limited mistakes during manufacturing processes, employee skill development, and efficiency leading to project profitability.
- Ability to program, set up, and operate CNC machines.
- Ability to draw parts on Fusion 360 (3D Modelling) to then have employees produce these parts.
- Detailed knowledge of metal fabricating processes and related quality standards. These processes include MIG and TIG welding, fitting, and bending using a hydraulic press brake.
- Knowledge of conveyor systems to lead and direct crew during assembly of different types of systems and belting.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Familiar with Solidworks and basic engineering principles.
- Ability to work with customers, including taking site measurements, quoting machining and fabrication jobs, and managing orders across their entire lifespan.
- Ability to manage ongoing shop projects and organize manpower accordingly.
- Capable of meeting deadlines and budgets. Strong understanding of how time and budgetary factors affect project management.
- Familiar with purchasing practices and ability to follow up with vendors.
- Able to provide safety guidance to all employees and ensure compliance with all safety laws and policies.
- Trade license would be an asset
- Training in Lift Truck, WHMIS, and Fall Arrest would be considered an asset
- First Aid Training
- Safety and punctuality is a must
- Demonstrated time management and leadership ability
- Experience with employee supervision
- High School Diploma/Certificate
- Would be an Asset: Red seal certification trade licence Industrial Mechanic Millwright (433A)
- Journeyman Trade License (preferred)
- Class G Licence (preferred)
After 3 month probation period:
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Boots/Tool Allowance
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and qualifications to email@example.com
If you would like assistance with your job search or in applying to this position, please contact St Leonard's Employment Services at (519) 756-7665 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help!