Machinery Operator - Numesh Inc.
12 hour Day or Night shift
3 days per for 37 hours per week
$1.50 per hour premium for the night shift
Founded in 1975, Numesh is the largest Canadian manufacturer of welded steel wire and wire mesh for concrete reinforcement. Numesh wire mesh is used in construction projects and a variety of concrete products such as: floor slabs, structural slabs, concrete pipes, concrete footings and foundations, architectural precast panels, brackets, slabs on bridges, gutters, prefabricated segments of tunnels, bridge beams, Jersey barriers and concrete roads.
We opened a new site in the Brantford area this fall. We are looking for Machinery Operators to assist the operation team by monitoring product compliance and meeting quality requirements. You would help to carry out the start-ups and organizes their work in such a way as to respect the deadlines, the instructions and the established production standards.
General Duties / Tasks:
- Responsible for pre-start up checklists for equipment being operated
- Assist with setting up equipment for production including loading raw material and unloading finished goods
- Responsible for manufacturing high quality product at designated hourly and daily rate
- Label and tag finished goods as produced
- Enter production transactions into ERP system for accurate production reporting
- Notify the supervisor or manager of any irregularity in the machine or any change of part that seems to be necessary
- Collaborate with the maintenance staff any during production stoppages and/or during preventive maintenance periods
- Carry out the packaging of finished products according to the standards already established
- Uphold image of company at work and outside of work
Health & Safety :
- Always keep your work environment clean and tidy
- Wear PPE as required to maintain an injury-free environment
- Understand and comply with safety standards and regulations
- Collaborate in the prevention of work accidents
- Adhere to all Numesh safety rules and protocols
- Ability to read, write and count
- Able to use a micrometer and tape measure
- Hold an overhead crane competency card would be an asset
- Hold an elevator truck competency card would be an asset
- Must be punctual and diligent at work and able to follow directions
Criminal Background Check Required
- Paid overtime
- Great benefits (group insurance, pension plan, great vacation policy, great bonus structure)
- Fantastic career growth opportunities
- The chance to be part of a new start-up team
- On-site parking
How to Apply
Please send resume to St Leonard's Employment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org and note "Numesh - Machinery Operator" in the subject line.
A staff from St. Leonard's Employment Services will be in touch with all candidates who submit a resume to complete screening and provide direction on next steps. St. Leonard's Employment Services is supporting this employer through Employment Ontario funded programming.