*12 Hour continental rotating shifts. Days 7am to 7pm, Nights 7am to 7pm, rotating biweekly
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, conveyor systems, and production machines
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measurement and testing instruments
- Control downtime by informing production workers of routine maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- works to improve machine efficiency, reduce scrap, and improve quality of our Product and Processes
- Assemble and align gears, bearings and shafts
- Maintain effective equipment maintenance schedules and records on all company equipment and tools
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Procure parts for necessary repairs and adjustments
- Management of parts inventory
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Previous maintenance experience working in a production/manufacturing environment is an asset
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent
- Relevant manufacturing experience
- Good knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, PLC, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic principles
- Al least 2+ years experience of proven capacity or formal education in a related field (Manufacturing, Millwright, Engineering, etc)
- Strong mechanical and technical understanding
- Ability to deal with uncertainty; troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic electrical experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with vendors
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
Working knowledge of MS Office, Upkeep, and Smartsheets an asset
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch.
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes).
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
How to Apply
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.