Meat Cutter- Piller's Fine Foods
Day Shift - 7:00AM - 3:30PM
Successful applicants will be required to work from Monday – Friday. Overtime may be required on an as needed basis.
If you think our products are great, you should “meat” our people!
At Piller’s, we’re in the business of crafting high quality, specialty foods for families to enjoy. Our award-winning deli and meat products are found in grocery and restaurant chains across North America. We’re passionate about our products and equally as passionate about the success and safety of our people.
If you are looking for a long-term career in manufacturing with job security, teamwork, and fantastic co-workers, consider us as your next place to call home. We are currently accepting resumes for Meat Cutter for our meat processing facility located in Brantford, Ontario.
- Complete pre-start safety inspections including verifying guards are in place and equipment is in good working condition.
- Complete equipment set-ups, changeovers, sharpening and adjustments.
- Ensure quality standards and specifications are met prior to processing. Remove products from line that do not meeting quality standards.
- Working in a time sensitive process deboning, trimming, and preparing cuts of meats accurately according to specifications.
- Operate boning knives, wiz knives, skinners, conveyors, and other processing equipment.
- Scale buggies of meat and record weights into ERP system.
- Separate products and cuts into designated buggies, properly tag to identify product, and move buggies into designated staging area for further processing.
- Monitor and record inspections at critical food safety steps outlined as required.
- Responsible for maintaining food safety standards in work responsibilities and report food safety issues to QA immediately.
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act by reporting all hazards, accidents, incidents or near misses to the Supervisor.
- Follow all prescribed SOPs, rotation schedules, HACCP and GMP procedures
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years butcher / knife experience required
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and attention to detail
- Read, write, and communicate (English)
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be mechanically inclined with strong safety focus
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and a team member
- Ability to work in a cold environment
- Must be able to lift 60-80lbs
Piller’s Fine Foods is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. Piller’s Fine foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please advise us if you required accommodation.
- Competitive wages starting at $22-24.21/hour based on experience
- Amazing co-workers
- Exclusive Employee Rewards Programs
- Straight Shifts
- Full Benefits (Health, Dental and Vision)
- Company Matched Pension Plan after 1 year
- Paid time off including 3 weeks vacation after 1 year
- Free Wi-Fi & Coffee
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Employee Appreciation Events