Production Labourer (C-1819-126)
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends, or different shifts
To prepare chicks for delivery by conducting servicing requirements and production related sanitation procedures.
- Removing chicks from hatchers
- Culling chicks
- Separate chicks according to sex
- Conduct random quality checks such as counts, culls, and sexing
- Inform lead hand and supervisor of deviations from standard on all quality chicks
- Ensure all orders are prepared to specification set out by lead hand and supervisor
- Wash trays and dollies in the tray wash room
- Sweep and disposes of egg shell residue
- Operate sanitizers, garden hoses, and pressure hoses
- Wear and maintain personal protective equipment
- Maintain awareness and ensure compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Company Health & Safety policies
- Identify procedural and ergonomic changes to workstations
- Complete good housekeeping practices though continued monitoring and awareness
- Ensure strict adherence to bio-security rules and regulations
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Ability to perform physical tasks that require bending and stooping, climbing ladders, shoveling, pounding with hammers, and work in confined spaces
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work under special conditions such as extreme heat or cold
- Must be able to read/write English
- Able to operate production machinery
- High School diploma or equivalent
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we can help people thrive by applying our insights and 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill's hatchery located in Jarvis has several career opportunities for safety minded, dedicated individuals. These positions include benefits and competitive wages.
Interested candidates please submit application at https://www.cargill.com/careers/hourly-production