Property Management Staff - SNGRDC @ the Job Fair Oct 11th!
- Full-time permanent - 40 hours per week
- Shift to be determined
Property Management Staff is responsible for assisting with the delivery of excellence in customer service that is conducive to the exceptional standards of the Property Management Office. The Property Management staff will assist with ground and building maintenance, preventative, and restorative projects of all properties within the SNGRDC. Required to work in commercial mechanical systems, maintenance, cleaning of all properties, facilities and guest cabin and repair of all properties, the chosen candidate will work within the policies and procedures established by the Six Nations of the Grand River Development Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as point of contact for the department and respond to maintenance and property inquiries.
- Assist in the overall preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance of the SNGRDC properties and assets.
- Conduct minor repairs, minor heavy equipment repairs, general building maintenance and repairs,
- Conduct general daily maintenance and custodial services for all SNGRDC buildings and properties.
- Assist with the set up and/or maintenance of joint projects with other departments.
- Operate heavy equipment, chainsaw, tiller, floor cleaners, lawn mowers, weed eaters and other equipment in the process of completing tasks and duties.
- Complete day-to-day operations and maintenance log of work, outstanding work orders, supplies required, repairs needed, contract workers.
- Communicate professionally with contractors, tenants, community members, government officials.
- Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Assists with property management, landscaping and snow removal.
- Operate a variety of equipment to perform cleaning, sanitization and preventative maintenance to floors, walls, windows, mirrors and other surfaces.
- Clean, maintain and keep all tools organized and in good working condition.
- Participates in and completes all required SNGRDC training.
- Assist in other operations in the Property Management and/or SNGRDC portfolio to ensure customer service and operational needs are met.
- Completes WHIMIS training and Ensure Health and Safety Guidelines are followed.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
- Must have a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent with one (1) years of work experience. OR Must have a minimum of Grade 10 or equivalent with two (2) years of work experience.
- A Building technician certificate, a Maintenance Mechanic or Facilities Systems Technician or Apprenticeship Certificate would be an asset.
- Basic Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and building maintenance and construction.
- Possess a valid G Driver’s License.
- Possess initiative and ability to work independently.
- Experience/competency operating power tools, small/heavy equipment, custodial equipment, and farm/landscaping machinery safely.
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques, mechanical knowledge and handy man skills
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines, possess good communication skills.
- Must pass police record check.
- Flexible (extra hours may be required on occasion).
- Must wear safety/non-slip shoes (there is a footwear allotment for SNGRDC staff to obtain these).
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to perform well under pressure and to assess and prioritize workload.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proactive with the ability to problem solve and anticipate needs.
- Demonstrated professionalism and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Ability to embrace and champion change.
- Solid understanding of building maintenance, construction, and cleaning services requirements.
- Reliable and able to work independently.
- Follows and ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle the public with tact, discretion, and with a pleasing personality.
- This position operates seven days a week, with day and night shift. All candidates must be available for this scheduling.
Police Record Check Required upon Offer
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Incentive Programs
- Performance based merit increases
- Team Member Recognition Program
- Comprehensive paid time off – vacation, sick, personal time, and paid holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- Company Mentorship Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Training Opportunities
- Corporate Events
How to Apply
Come meet this employer at the in person Job Fair on October 11th, 3pm-5pm at the Best Western (19 Holiday Drive).
If you would like assistance with your job search or in applying to this position, please contact St Leonard's Employment Services at (519) 756-7665 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help!