Withdrawal Management & Treatment Supervisor- SLCS
- Either Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday (37.5 hours per week) in a 2-week rotation of days (i.e., 8 am - 3:30 pm) and afternoons (i.e., 12:30 pm - 8 pm)
- Some schedule flexibility (to be discussed with successful candidate).
WMTS Supervisors provide support to staff and clients within our residential Withdrawal Management and Treatment Services programs. This includes an 18-bed facility that houses 7 withdrawal management beds for any gender and 11 men’s residential treatment beds, and a 10-bed residential treatment facility for women. The programs are staffed by a multidisciplinary team who provide counselling, support, withdrawal monitoring, medication-supported withdrawal, psychoeducation, and skills development to support client recovery.
We have two positions; one primarily assigned to the women’s residential treatment program, and the other primarily assigned to the men’s residential treatment program. All WMTS leadership work together to ensure effective operations of all programs and facilities.
WMTS Supervisors ensure the provision of high-quality services through program oversight, effective staff recruitment and training, ongoing coaching, and leading quality improvement activities. This role requires direct supervision of various staff roles, including Concurrent Disorders Clinicians, Residential Counsellors, and Peer Support Workers. You support positive team culture by fostering consistency, transparency, collaboration, and compassion. You bring your experience in substance use/concurrent disorders intervention to ensure we deliver a program that is trauma-informed, strengths based, and honours harm reduction philosophy. WMTS Supervisors are team players; collaborating with each other, staff across our Addiction and Mental Health department, and community partners to ensure continuity of care for clients. You make a difference!
As the WMTS Supervisor, you will:
- Provide staff with training, coaching, and supervision
- Look for ways to enhance team communication and effectiveness
- Support and monitor implementation of client service, including psychoeducational and recreational programming, ensuring a high-quality care experience
- Ensure effective implementation of program and agency policies
- Cultivate a safe and effective care experience
- Liaise with internal and external partners to ensure optimal client care and transitions
- Monitor data quality and support program improvement
- Ensure a clean and safe facility
- College diploma in a Social Services field, with a University Degree in Social Sciences preferred
- Proof of current registration in good standing with a governing body related to the program (i.e., OCSWSSW, CRPO, CNO) required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in addictions and/or concurrent disorders related field; experience working in live-in addictions setting is an asset
- Proficient in MS Office and be familiar with databases
- Access to reliable transportation
- Skills in mediation, conflict resolution, and/or leadership training
- Able to manage occasional exposure to vicarious traumatic stress
- Proof of minimum of three doses of COVID-19 vaccination required
- A Fitness Benefit for gym memberships, exercise equipment and lessons for various physical activities for all staff and their families
- An Employee Assistance Plan for all staff and their families
- Paid Time Off for all staff, including Wellness Hours
- Fun events for all staff
- Participation in RSP/TFSA plans for all staff, with Agency pension match for Full Time and eligible Part Time staff
- Group health, vision, dental and travel insurance plans where premiums are 100% paid by the Agency for Full Time staff
- An Agency committed to ensuring your physical and mental health/safety is paramount
How to Apply
Reference: WMTS Supervisor
If you would like assistance with your job search or in applying to this position, please contact St Leonard's Employment Services at (519) 756-7665 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help!