SAO-Construct Your Career - Employers
Construct Your Career is a skills development program to assist individuals in pursuing a career in the construction industry. Participants in the program receive industry-recognized training from Conestoga in Carpentry, Blue-print reading, Electrical and plumbing, as well as receive certificates in First Aid and Working at Heights.
Employers who provide a 2 to 4-week job placement for participants can receive $1000 dollars to off-set the costs of training a new employee.
Eligibility Criteria for Employers:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Comply with all applicable legislation including federal/provincial human rights legislation, regulations, and any other relevant standards, occupational health and safety act, employment standards act, freedom of information and protection of privacy legislation
- Provide employment in Ontario
- Maintain appropriate W.S.I.B. or alternate workplace safety insurance coverage and have adequate third-party general liability insurance as advised by its insurance broker
- Not use placement services to replace existing or laid-off employees