Youth Job Connection
Youth Job Connection (YJC) is an intensive support program to help youth age 15 to 29 to gain essential workplace skills, learn to job search, start thinking of careers and experience employment with local businesses. Youth may earn certifications to add to their resume as well work experience and references.
YJC includes paid workshops and activities designed to help youth get ready for work. All participants must complete a minimum of 60 hours of PAID workshops and/or training. Examples of training:
- How to market yourself
- Interview techniques to get you noticed
- Learn "soft skills" that will impress employers
- Identify training options that will help you on your career path (i.e. Smart Serve, Safe Food Handling, WHMIS, First Aid)
- Know Thyself - what career best matches your skills, strengths, interests
- Employer expectations - how to adapt and manage workplace situations
No Experience? No Problem!
All participants will get experience through one or more job placements with local employers for up to six months.
All participants will receive ongoing support from a dedicated Employment Consultant during and after the program to help them reach their goals.
Delivered through the Brant Employment Centre and Dunnville Employment Centre
Hours of Operation: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., every other Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Please call your nearest location for weekend business hours.
- Age 15 to 29 (15 to 18 must be legally excused from attending high school)
- Resident of Ontario
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Not participating in full time training or education, as defined by the school
- Additional suitability criteria will be assessed
Email, call or visit one of our Employment Centres near you.