Cornerstone House offers two separate programs, a 10-bed shelter and a Transitional Housing Program.
The Shelter Program
The shelter program provides temporary housing for people who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of experiencing homelessness. We offer a safe and supportive co-ed environment for people between 18 and 29 years of age.
Cornerstone House Shelter provides:
- Single room with a warm bed, nutritious food and supports
- Shelter for up to 90 days
- Referrals to our Transitional and Supportive Housing programs, Employment and Addictions and Mental Health services as well as community supports and services.
The Transitional Housing Program
The Transitional Housing Program provides support to people exiting the shelter system or people at risk of homelessness. Transitional Housing is a 12-bed co-ed, all-inclusive* semi-independent program for people between 18 and 29 years of age who are ready to learn the skills they need to live independently.
Cornerstone Transitional Housing Program provides:
- Client driven self-identified goals, case management and life skills coaching.
- Support with getting back into school, social assistance applications, reconnecting with family and more
- Referrals to our Supportive Housing programs, Employment and Addictions and Mental Health services as well as community supports and services
- Transition planning and follow-up support when graduating from the program
* User fees may apply for certain programs and services. Please get in touch with us for more details.
You can contact our Housing team at 519-758-9644 or email@example.com.