Supportive Housing - City of Brantford
The Supportive Housing Program assists clients to secure safe, affordable housing. Clients are supported by a Counsellor and rent supplements are available to help bridge the difference between the client’s ability to pay and the market rent to a maximum amount.
The Supportive Housing Counsellor builds on clients’ strengths and addresses individual needs in order to develop a collaborative client service plan to facilitate/sustain successful independent living
The outcomes of the program are:
- Improve instrumental life skills (i.e. grocery shopping, meal preparation, budgeting, etc.)
- Increase access to community based services (i.e. addictions, mental health, primary care, etc.)
- Reduce admissions to the Emergency Department/inpatient hospital care.
- Increase social supports and community involvement.
- Improve ability to maintain recovery from problematic substance use and/or concurrent disorders.
- Reduce admissions to residential withdrawal management services.
- Support academic and employment opportunities.
Gender: Males or Females
Other: Problematic substance use and/or concurrent disorders who are homeless, at risk of becoming homeless or are inadequately housed.