Bingo Sales Representative
- Part-time Permanent
- 1 - 3 shifts per week
Reporting to the Operational Shift Supervisor the Bingo Sales Representative assists in the delivery of excellence in customer service that is conducive to generating revenue and an entertainment experience. The Bingo Sales Representative may be required to answers customer questions/concerns, conduct concession sales, cart sales, Nevada ticket sales, provide card sales, verify and payout various types of bingos, balance their cards and cash or cart and cash at the end of their shift, and/or at times call Bingo Sessions, all in accordance to the Standard Operating Procedures of the Six Nations Bingo Hall.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the Bingo Hall is clean and equipped with operating supplies such as concession supplies, cart supplies, session information, garbage bags attached to each table, clean ashtrays, and clean tables at the beginning and end of each session.
- Report to the sponsor’s booth at the beginning of each operating bingo session for duty assignments and distribution of cards and/or floats and/or Nevada tickets.
- Reports any discrepancies of cards and/or cash floats immediately to the Operational Shift Supervisor.
- Commence card and/or concession sales and/or Nevada tickets immediately following verification of cart supplies or cards and floats.
- Complete sales for online Bingo.
- May be required to assist with counter sales and/or toonie jackpot sales on occasion.
- May be responsible for controlling the bingo program time by calling game ball numbers at a speed with which customers are able to mark their bingo cards accurately.
- Must acknowledge all bingos declared by patrons. Ensure that game(s) are ceased for all bingo verifications and make sure the caller is informed of a possible bingo.
- Issue prize payment amount immediately after the closure of each game played.
- Balance cards and/or cart and/or Nevada sales and cash at the end of the shift. Report shortages in float to Operational Shift Supervisor.
- Provide fast and efficient service to the bingo hall patrons.
- Scheduling for this position will be primarily nights and weekends, the candidate must be available to work these shifts
- Refer all concerns to the Operational Shift Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as may be required.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service, communication, and sales skills.
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to embrace and champion change.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Ability to handle the public with tact, discretion, and with a pleasing personality.
- Understand and follow the Health & Safety Policies set by the Bingo Hall.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have knowledge of bingo operating sessions and programs or a willingness to learn.
- Able to deal with prolonged standing, walking and/or running.
- Must have a pleasant attitude and disposition for working with the public.
- Willing to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends and holidays.
- Must pass a police record check.
- Willingness to learn, accept change, and adapt to new ideas, business concepts, and cultures.
BENEFITS TO WORKING AT SNGRDC
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Incentive Programs
- Performance based merit increases
- Team Member Recognition Program
- Comprehensive paid time off – vacation, sick, personal time and paid holidays
- Education Reimbursement
- Company Mentorship Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Training Opportunities
- Corporate Events
How to Apply
At Six Nations of the Grand River, we are committed to diversity and inclusion as we continue and expand our efforts to become a more inclusive, safe and respectful workplace. Human Resources will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, as may be requested and/or required by law. If you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online at https://sngrdc.criterionhcm.com/jobs/200/6/61
If you are unable to apply through the website, resumes can be dropped off at the Tourism building between 9:00am and 4:00pm Monday-Friday.
If you would like assistance with your job search or in applying to this position, please contact St Leonard's Employment Services at (519) 756-7665 or email@example.com and let us know how we can help!