This position is part-time, 600-640 hours between April and December 2019, with a possible extension of work based on successfully meeting the outcomes and future funding. Hours are flexible and the successful candidate will need to be self-employed and will invoice for services. There is the possibility of working from a home office. The successful candidate will need to have a reliable vehicle for this position.
Part-time Fundraiser for a Community Based Not-for-Profit The Grand Valley Educational Society (GVES) is recruiting a Part-time Fundraiser to assist in achieving its mission to enhance post-secondary education in Brantford and Brant County.
From its inception the GVES realized the value of partnerships...alliances that would result in collaboration, creativity, innovation and a new dimension to the spirit of the Brantford-Brant community through post secondary education. With an objective of increasing the intellectual capital of our local workforce, the GVES actively supports opportunities for expanded and integrated post-secondary programming, generating distinct and unique partnerships.
The GVES continues to play an instrumental role in developing partnerships that will ultimately support projects vital to the continued growth of post-secondary education in our communities. The vision will be constant: to build on a foundation of integrated college and university programs. The goal has evolved to an increased focus on workforce skills development, lifelong learning, and business and industry participation and integration into post-secondary education.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Part-time Fundraiser is responsible for leading, planning, executing and monitoring results for GVES’s revenue generating activities including events, the sustainability membership program, partnerships, sponsorships, grants and third-party fundraisers. In this capacity, the individual will contribute to the execution of GVES’s 2018-2020 strategic plan and will work collaboratively with the Board to ensure fiscal responsibility.
The candidate will work with the Board, while assuming considerable independent discretion in the creation and implementation of the fund development plan to support the fundraising goals of the organization. Maintaining professional relationships with funders, volunteers and community partners is vital to the success of this position and to the organization. The role will have competing priorities, so time management is important. There will be some travel and attendance required at GVES event(s).
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience fundraising and marketing
- Post-secondary degree is preferred or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Proven experience and success in securing gifts, sponsorships, partnerships and grants of $30,000+ as well as direct response and event fundraising is a plus
- Proven people and leadership skills, ability to collaborate to achieve goals of the organization
- Experience managing projects and complex tasks with multiple stakeholders
- Proven stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Strong understanding of the Brantford/Brant community
- Strong written and verbal English language skills combined with excellent communication, research, report writing and presentation skills
- Experience in reporting back to funders: Donors and annual reports
- Experience with computer software programs and specifically working with a donor management, fundraising or stakeholder management system is an asset
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills and the ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to effectively multi-task and attention to detail are critical; ability to deal with multiple deadlines and demands
- Organizational Development
- Fund Development
Applicants should provide a response to the following as part of their application:
1. Why do you want to be the GVES Part-Time Fundraiser and how does our mission resonate with you?
2. What do you see as your first key initiatives if you are the successful candidate for this position?
3. Describe your greatest accomplishment as a fundraising professional and why you consider this your greatest accomplishment.
Please be advised that only candidates who meet the qualifications will be contacted and interviewed for this position. We kindly request that candidates not call the office to inquire about the status of applications.
Applications should be sent to: The Chair of the Selection Committee, c/o GVES, 39 Nelson Street, Brantford, Ontario, N3T 2M7.
Applications submitted electronically should be one file combined and submitted to the following email address - firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applying to this position is Friday, March 15, 2019.