Visiting Nursing and Shift Nursing RPN- VON Canada
- Available to work flexible hours.
Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding career in nursing? Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. Come work with us - it's a job that matters!
Our Visiting nurses provide client care in the client's own home. They provide physical assessments, symptom control support, palliative care, rehabilitation therapy, wound care, education, counselling to individuals and families and much more.
The Registered Practical Nurse is responsible for the provision and management of client and family centered, evidence-based, efficient nursing care to individuals and families in their homes and community. The Registered Practical Nurse ensures care is provided within the framework of quality & risk management and the standards and scope of practice set by VON and the relevant provincial regulatory body. The Registered Practical Nurse is responsible for safe and appropriate teaching, assignment and delegation of tasks to different categories of workers.
- Provides nursing care to predictable clients who have less complex care needs via an established plan of care.
- Manages and facilitates care via an established nursing care plan and evaluate client responses to interventions.
- Provides cost-effective, organized, outcome directed care on an ongoing basis.
- Provides complete, relevant assessment of the client and family and their environment utilizing established procedures.
- Obtains relevant information for care from the client, family and appropriate members of the healthcare team.
- Documents all relevant information clearly, concisely, accurately and appropriately according to VON standards.
- Describes and documents assessment findings utilizing established procedures. This includes the documentation of a client's and family's reaction to care.
- Documents problems identified using a specified framework and focuses care on appropriate problem areas utilizing established procedures.
- Contributes to clients' care plans in collaboration with the health care team.
- Selects and implements strategies or interventions from established care plans in consultation with the client and/or caregiver and health care team.
- Documents and provides rational for modifications to the care plan, such as changes to the visit schedule.
- Negotiates with client and the family during delivery of care while respecting client choices.
- Incorporates current research findings into clinical practices.
- Provides rationale for referrals, increase or decrease in visits and for discharge based on relevant, sound data and established guidelines.
- Identifies and utilizes tools and resources for relevant work and manages these resources.
- Assigns care to other workers and involves the client and family in client care as appropriate.
- Refers clients to appropriate category of nursing care provider and to other disciplines utilizing established guidelines.
- Promotes client-directed care, self-care and independence through teaching.
- Shares clinical knowledge to enable clients, family and the community to make informed choices in determining health and service needs.
- Utilizes adult learning principals and established teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients and families.
- Promotes involvement of the client family in determining health and service needs.
- Participates in the development of heath policies and nursing practice standards through involvement in VON, professional organizations and community organizations.
- Practices in accordance with the quality and risk management framework of VON Canada and Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Plans, implements, evaluates and adjusts care in accordance with customer focused expectations by seeking input from clients to assure that service meets needs.
- Participates in decision making and follows up to promote continuous quality improvement.
- Functions in accordance with the VON policies, procedures and strategic direction of VON Canada.
- Collaborates with management staff and colleagues in the evaluation of own practice and maintains competence through continuing education and self-reflection.
- Clinical practice experience is an asset.
- Experience in community health is an asset.
- Ability to observe and make effective assessments of clinical issues.
- Able to initiate and support health teaching, facilitation and development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with particular proficiency in interviewing relevant stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills with the ability work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to problem solve and to adapt to nursing interventions as appropriate.
- The capacity to adhere to strict confidentially.
- Able to articulate effectively knowledge of components of quality and risk management principles as they relate to clinical practices.
- Effective time management skills that allow for the independent planning and organizing of daily work activity.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must have a License as a Registered Practical Nurse in the province of Ontario
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must have a current Standard First Aid Certificate or CPR level C Certificate, if applicable to the work being performed.
In accordance with the Employer's policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.